Saturday, April 25, 2009

...Til Somebody Loses an Eye

School is done and I have time to waste.

So I have reinstated some of my old video game favorites. (this likely won't last so I will indulge while I can)


1- Elder Scrolls III- Morrowind
Nothing like battling the undead to give you that "I'm out of school" feeling. I gotta tell you as a Christian it is vital that I spend some time fighting demons and this game gives ample opportunity if only I had the courage to enter those darn Daedra shrines. But in all seriousness there is nothing like an open ended RPG. I have made myself to be a person with high sneaking abilities and uses a bow. This means I steal things and then hide and then attack things from far away without them noticing. Fun.

2- The Sims II
A far cry from the Ghostgate I have also begun reinstating some family life in The Sims. I developed a Patrick character who has decided to live the life of the politician (so true to form). I have married a nice lady from down the street and we had our first daughter who I named Nancy (for unknown reasons... well really I was having a hard time thinking and I cracked under the pressure). Life is good but its getting hectic and my wife wants to have another baby... time to build a second floor to the house and poor Patrick is getting so old. Well thats 'life'

3- Minesweeper
I've referenced this game before but if there are still mines out there waiting to be swept then we need to pick up our detectors and take them out.

4- Wii Sports
Made a return briefly at Kid's Fest this week. Always a big hit with the children.

And last but never least and likely not a surprise for the longterm reader....

5- Age of Empires 2

What more can I say. Classic.

This is all in responce to the lack of attention I had been given video games during my semester in school. Likely I will go back to my regular habits of maybe one game here and there... either way: Enjoying myself.

Patman the less than busy

2 comments:

Patrick Sutherland said...

Two important notes about google image searching:

1) Never search "The Sims 2" too many naked or dis-tasteful sims.

2) When searching "age of empires 2" (because I assume you all do all the time) note that about 8 or 10 in there is one image found on patmanthepat.blogspot.com

dannyhuh said...

the wife wants another kid;
story of my simulated life.
ha.