Sunday, April 12, 2009

If I sit calmly at my desk...

If I sit calmly at my desk my work will finish itself.

Hands folded in my lap. A bit of music playing. My computer on but no text opened. A curious grin lining my face. I sit and contemplate the finer things in life. All things seem finer with a paper or two to do. I could play a game, watch a show or even work for my church but this paper is priority. And for that reason I sit calmly at my desk.

Perhaps more effort should be taken to complete my work but I always was an idealist. It's past midnight I could always attempt to sleep calmly in my room and see if my tasks will complete themselves but that's really a pipe dream compared to my sitting calmly stratagem.

I may be going out on a limb here but I am confident in my ability to work less and achieve more. Perhaps making a "crappy graph" would capture what I am trying to do. And so I will sit calmly at my desk and my "crappy graph" will finish itself.

And there it is. I have reached a new blog-o-graphic low. Good night everybody.

Patman the Accomplished

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mateo told me what a pipe dream was last night

Anonymous said...

I know this feeling well... I think the longer you leave it the less time you have to spend doing it. And since there are greater, more significant things in this world than due papers, why spend more time then you have to? That's my theory.

Patrick Sutherland said...

oh I agree however that doesn't create a swift speed at which assignments are done rather I do other things...

Janet Perry said...

Funny.