Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I failed a course the other day.

This actually happened.

I went to get my transcript the other day, most particularly because I was trying to figure out how long I was still to be in school, I got both my University transcript and I got my Seminary transcript. And there it was... an F.

It is true that from time to time I am a lazy student. I often slack off, work less then I should, read just enough to pass and disregard proper sleep patterns rather then work consistently all semester. But I don't fail. And this one took me for a surprise because out of all my courses this was the one I never wanted to have to do again: Spiritual Formation. (I would like to add that I am a big believer in spiritual formation but for a class in my Mdiv it had more work, reading and daily assignments than can be healthily done by a slacker student... and I would probably argue a normal student) That being said to achieve in the course I needed to work hard and get things in which I was confident I did.

To make a long story of worry and fear short I will say that it was an error. Somewhere one of my papers had gotten lost or not marked and never counted toward my grade. I was able to hand in a new copy and pulled off a C+. Not a great grade but I didn't fail.

Patman the Reasonably Successful

1 comment:

C.D. Clements said...

I'd better not post my feelings on the Spiritual Formation class.

;)