Sunday, February 01, 2009

Back to the Future

One of my favourite movies.

Also as a statement it also a very impressive insight to my life.

I really like my day to day life. Sure, if described to others it comes across boring, repetitious and maybe even pointless but it is the subtleties of my day that keep me enraptured. But I have to admit the future often scares me. There are always extra questions...

Why am I really in school?
What am I going to do after school?
What about this whole OSAP thing... do I really have to pay that back?
It's how much?!?

It is worrisome. I like my day to day life but I always come back to the future and wonder.

I was fortunate to get some news over the last little while that gives me a rare opportunity to truly live in the moment. Try it out... its pretty nice.

Perhaps someday I'll go back to the future and wonder but I think that's a little too forward of thinking for me today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey rubix, i was thinking about something like this just this morning. i think we think ahead far too much. it isn't really necessary, or actually helpful, because things never go the way we imagine anyways, right? well i was just thinking about being a child.. like really getting my mindset back into how i thought when i was in grade school, and i had no concept of the future. there was the distant future and the now, that's it. like "when i grow up i'll have a job and a family", that's it, and then the now. it felt like, to me, that there was no such thing as time.. i didn't perceive people getting older because i only knew my peer group which i saw so often i couldn't detect change, and adults, who are old and always look the same. time spent playing outside could have been five minutes or years, it was just endless. i am very inarticulate and am polluting your blog with my nonsense writing, but what i am trying to say is yes, i agree with this post, the now is where its at. the past is good for understanding the now but the future actually doesn't exist.