Thursday, January 15, 2009

A reasonable lesson from class...

Today I went to my last class of the week on curriculum development and evaluation. I was pretty excited for the class because I like talking about these things. We discussed syllabus things and reasons for attending the class in the first part. Then we went to Kairos chapel. Then we came back to discuss the purpose of the church.

The professor taught a very simple pneumatic about the purpose of the church. It can be remembered because the church is the bride of Christ it can also be called the WIFE

For the church to be fulfilling its purpose in the world it needs to:

W- Worship- bringing honor to God, praising Him and what not

I- Instruct- Discipleship, equipping, preparing and developing the body of Christ

F- Fellowship- gathering as the body, community, sharing life together

E- Express- Witness, making disciples, sharing the message and living outwardly our faith


I think it is a handy little trick to remember the purpose of the church.

I will leave you with one final thought that was given in class that "Not every ministry in your church needs to cover every area of WIFE but rather the ministries of the church need to together fulfill the purposes of the church and together make WIFE happen."

I like it.

Patman the Thought provoked.

This is me in class happy about curriculum (sans mustache)
Photo may or may not actually include me

1 comment:

Patrick Sutherland said...

my professor today added an "s" to the end of this saying s = service