Tuesday, January 13, 2009

And they prayed for my immortal soul...

I learned something about my past today. Let me explain it to you in a funny story.

Many years ago I lived in a unique land. It was a hallway. But it wasn't just any hallway because within it lived different people from a broad perspective of Christian backgrounds. I was one of those people.

Now it came to pass in that land that some people believed certain activities were of the devil or demonic in nature. (Its important to note that I am not an expert in identifying which activities are of the devil and which ones are not) Either way certain people had made that decision.

I was aware of it. I also knew they liked to pray for these people and the obvious pitfalls there were falling into. Which was very nice of them to do.

Now for this story to make sense you need to know one more thing about my life in residence. I introduced the game "Settlers of Catan" to the Tyndale community. Its a fun game where you produce a small settlement on the new found island of Catan. You roll dice, collect resources and build buildings. Eventually someone builds enough to get the points to win. Its fun. Its harmless. I like it.

I also used to have a sign on my door welcoming fans of the game to knock on my door and I would introduce them to the game or play it with them. It was my way of getting to know people and early on I had no one else to play with.

Well according to a reliable source one day these two facts crossed paths. During a casual prayer walk for people in the school they prayed for people and their magic cards, for people and their Dugeons and Dragons and they got to my door... and prayed for me and my "Settlers of Catan" and my immortal soul.

Patman the Pat

2 comments:

Kin said...

That sir, is a great story.

God Bless those people.

Anonymous said...

I love Settlers!