Friday, March 02, 2007

Lemons


To a certain extent last weekend I thought for sure life had given me lemons. I'll admit I thought I was never going to make it. Educational walls were closing in, social experiments and musicals brushing hard against the clock. I thought for sure life had given me lemons.

But as I struggled to make lemonade I slowly started to find that the lemons were in fact yellow rocks... which meant gold.

But maybe I"m getting ahead of myself. Let me begin by saying I do not typically complain about life in an open forum like this (in fact you will see this is a story of redemption not death)

But I digress... As I came home from reading week on Saturday 24th there was a dreaded week soon to come. This week from March 12-16th was going to ruin my life. Let me break it down:

12th- 18 Page Genesis paper
13th- 10 Holy Spirit Paper
14th- 500 page book to read
16th- Musical- which to say the least is a vast project

With these dates in mind I had planned a horrendous schedule that ate up all of my time and efforts. This of course is very out of character because I hate schedules. But I had done it.


(Note: actual schedule below... Tuesday is great)


But as Monday rolled around there were rumors from my dear friends at student's council that the musical would be pushed to the 15th of March. Which put it at an even more inconvenient time for both me and the various 'viewers' of it. This meant I needed to talk with the old council to work things out. I approached with a hearty "That date does not work" and got an equally hearty "Ok I'll look into it" This meeting left me with mixed feelings of hope and un-hope.

But a glimmer of light shone from the class that I had just somehow missed the last half of... Yes it seems that one Genesis paper had been delayed from the 12th to the 19th. This of course is the student's favorite thing known to many as: an extension. I was in a euphoric state. Questions began percolating: Can I actually accomplish this? Is this some kind of Trick devised by the Professor? Is it time for lunch? This was truly a blessed occasion.
But this move only meant a slight beacon of joy the new schedule was only slightly better...
lets look:
13th- 10 Holy Spirit Paper
14th- 500 page book to read
15th or 16th- Musical- which to say the least is a vast project
19th- 18 Page Genesis paper

Truly this was manageable...

But it gets better. Tuesday passed with little change and was just a typical Tuesday... that was until late Tuesday night. As I sat reading one of the many 'Dr. Penner Books" the phone rang. I assumed as usual it was for someone else but to my surprise it was Danielle Jupp, which to those of you who are not Tyndaliens, is our VP of Student Council. She had found me a new date for my musical. It was not to be the 16th... it was not to be the 15th... it was not to be not to be... but it was to be the 30th of March. A much better date.

And so I was filled with joy. Not just cause it was two weeks more or that it was not a Thursday night. It was something of joy because March 30th is Spring Banquet. My musical is to be performed at the very venue that I initially proposed it for.

My new schedule is:

13th- 10 Holy Spirit Paper
14th- 500 page book to read
19th- 18 page Genesis Paper
30th- Musical- which to say the least is a vast project

So yes I was given Lemons but it just turns out that someone else was going to make me lemonade.

Have a drink on me... Patman the Pat

1 comment:

C.D. Clements said...

Did you know:

Animals speak,
They Understand;

Animals Want,
To Change My Life.