Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Peer Pressure: Everybody Reads


Well I have been overlooking a blog or two these last couple days and I have noticed that everybody puts quotes from books in their blog. And so, I, being a 'blogger' (the closest thing I'll ever be to a jogger) must include a post with a quote to make my blog complete and relevant. And so from Donald Miller's "Through Painted Deserts" I give you this scene. They have reached the grand canyon and wish to climb down it. They search for a map. :

Paul bypasses the brochures and the rock exhibit, making his way to the counter where a young girl in a brown uniform stands with a fake smile.

"Can I help you?"

"Yes. We were needing a trail map for the cayon."

"Are you going down?" She asks.

"Yes," one of us says.

"Do you have a permit yet?"

"Well, I didn't know for sure if we needed one," Paul remarks.

"You do," she says.

"We do," I say, lifting my eyebrows. I pull out my Blockbuster video card and set it on the counter. She looks at it confused, then back to Paul.

And there you have it. Deal with it. Learn from it. But most of all laugh... cause I tell you to.

4 comments:

Janet Perry said...

What?! Are you making fun of me?!!!!!

Haha! Very amusing, Pat. I'll have to check out this author you esteem so highly:)

uniformlydan said...

my favorite part is the quip about "jogger" and "blogger"


... just in case you were wondering.

Patrick Sutherland said...

I was Dan I was. I blog only to know what makes people laugh. Its a sort of sample of the real world.

Mark D. Smith said...

yay Pat! quotes are the best!

well...most are...:p