Saturday, June 03, 2006

The Legend of Beggar Vance: Adversity 101


I was home this very evening enjoying a movie in the late of the night: "The Legend of Bagger Vance." At one point in the movie, during the first round of golf (It's a golf movie), the main character Randolf Juna is no where near winning the round and is frustrated. His caddy Bagger Vance comes to him at the last tee and says "Do you wanna quit Mr. Juna? No body would mind, you walk of the course today and make everyone elses day easier." Juna looks at him and says "You know I can't do that." Bagger says "I know I just wanted to make sure you know."

I wonder if sometimes God does that to us. Struggles build upon struggles and we need to learn through the adversity of life. These eventually come to a place where we feel as if God is almost asking us to give up. It is at these points that having learned our lessons that we need to turn and say "You know I can't do that." And God seems to say "I know but I just wanted you to know."

Its interesting.

A side note to all this...

I saw this movie in high school with a friend of mind. We used to golf together. I was thinking about that old friend who I don't talk to anymore or even know where he is. Things change I guess. Too bad.

The Pat.

4 comments:

Patrick Sutherland said...

I don't really want to. lol. Plus I have know idea what his email is.

C.D. Clements said...

Dear Pat

THis post is not as funny as your last.

More on the serious side

I think that is alright though.

-C.D. Clements

Pete said...

was this a true story?

Patrick Sutherland said...

I believe so