Thursday, December 03, 2009

Devoted #3: For God so loved...

Given that I have maintained three days of reflection I am now an expert. A sagely guide to the spiritual. A wise-man prepared to solve all the problems one may have theologically, spiritually and relationally.

But besides that I was taken aback by another question today. I read Eph 2:1-10. And was eventually asked why does God love us so much?

Theologically I can identify lots of reasons many to do with creation (ie image of God in us, God's concern for that which he has made) and some to do with God's character (being love and all) but it doesn't always translate to my heart.

In fact when answering the question it was much easier to say why God would love everybody else rather than why God would love me. Generalizations are easy, specifications are hard.

Patman the beloved.

No comments: