Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Devoted #2:Knowing Jesus Changes Today

So today I was looking at Ephesians 1:15-23. The challenging question for me was in light of the fact that knowing Jesus more changes the way we see things what are practical ways we can live that change?

This semester I have written, read and preached on the subject of change in light of a future hope that we have in Jesus and the resurrection. Ironically when I read this question I was taken aback by the practical element.

It is easy to glaze over the abstract and say "hope changes everything" but in concrete terms it takes more thought. In one sense as well it is easy to say "we live that expected future today" by feeding the poor, offering healing to the sick and setting captives free but again in serious question is "Today what can I do?" Or "how am I today living in hope?"

It's harder to answer I think.

I need to make the abstract practical today and allow Jesus to be invasive in what I do. (Still an abstract thought!)

Patman the Hopeful?

No comments: