Monday, May 14, 2007

One...

is the loneliest number that you'll ever know... it is aparently many other things as well.

Today marks day one of my official 'solitude' at camp. This pretty much means I live on the camp property alone. This is an interesting development in all that is Pat, since I generally do enjoy the company of a select few individuals and prefer some form of social interaction. This being the case I am intrigued by the prospect of being alone.

Tanya K., as all those former RAs would know, would say that it is good to spend time in the quiet and in solitude (but I think she stole that from a book or two) Some movies mark that those who spend extended time alone go crazy. As for me... I'm hoping to land somewhere in the middle... a cross between the desert fathers and Gollum.




+


=


Develop a strong spiritual life by communing solely with the Father while at the same time developing a strong inner life by communing with myselfs.

With that being said we would like to bid you farewell...

Patmen the Pats

1 comment:

C.D. Clements said...

Desert Fathers for sure.

But I suspect they would have changed their minds if they were to have had a 493 living experience.

As a side note, I spent a lot of money and can now run Oblivion.

The graphics are great, but the story line from Elderscrolls III is better.

Perhaps as you are being a desert father you could hit two birds with one stone and play some Morrowind on the side.