Saturday, November 15, 2008

A new series...

I recall earlier I was commenting on the different types of blog but I have a new series to introduce (which means I will either return to other series periodically or never again).

The new series is "Things to do while writing papers or rather not writing papers."

This series will focus on the thing that I find to do while trying to avoid or take a much needed (debatable) break from papers.

Today's entry: Battle for Wesnoth.


This game was discovered by Chris Clements last year during the paper writing season. It was an instant hit amongst the paper writing scene. It is a turn based strategy game that you can download for free because it is open source.


Above: An image of gameply

It has multiplayer functions and some wicked campaigns. Since I was writing papers last night (and now) I brought it back from its un-used status, updated it and I'm deeply entrenched in a campaign called: "The Rise of Wesnoth" isn't this exciting! Some people may look at this game and wonder if the graphics are just terrible and to some extent it is true. However, the style of the game lends to this sort of late 90s feel and what it may lose in graphics it makes up in gameplay. Its fun and easy and great.

Anyways if you are looking for something to do beside writing papers I recommend Battle for Wesnoth.

1 comment:

DavidKentie said...

I feel open Source Games, thou cool from Chris Clements sort of way...wouldn't satisfy me, but it's great that it has had a positive err..impact on you!