Thursday, September 14, 2006

Reading, the story of Pat's Life...

In attempts to create many a blog I have destroyed three whole posts... one on "Boxed Sets," one on "Missing" and this one... My desktop failed me many times and frankly my energy is waning...

But now in the midst of my studying I am presented with many opertunities to read... so I present to you:

Pat's Reading List Fall 2006

C
ritical Thinking- This book argues for the sake of arguement. Talks about talking and sets up even the most unless individual to make a point. It is a required text for my critical reasoning class.



A Canticle f
or Leibowitz- A post-apocalyptic world where all written knowledge has been destroyed except for loose fragments here and there. Now society is being reborn within this realm. Includes a character named 'Brother Pat.' Worth my time and yours.



Law and Religous Freedom in Canada- Goes hand in hand with the course "Law
and Religion' and sounds about as boring as my last post.


Garfield at Large- Not a typical university book but foundational in my life none the less.


The Brothers Karamazov- A book about a disfunctional family that is deeply involved in a court case/murder mystery. It's the 90s version of "Arrested Developement"... more or less.

1 Corithians: a Commentary- its a commentary on 1 Corinthians.

The Bible- Useful for life, the inspired word of God, a textbook but not a textbook, this is the key text of my... life and so makes it onto the reading list for today.

This is a brief look at my current reading list. I would also recommend balancing these with a healthy balance of House, Futurama, Corner Gas and Smallville.

Patman the Pat

7 comments:

Patrick Sutherland said...

aparently I had a hard time using font sizes this time... Its so hard to control these vague concepts of 'huge' 'large' 'normal size' 'small' or 'tiny.' Its just too much

P the P

uniformlydan said...

dan's reading list? the size of pat's head.

...no, quite literarily, actually...

Kin said...

Will's reading list:

...


wait, I'm supposed to be reading in University?

uh oh.

Janet Perry said...

Ok... that was a wierd post!
When are you going to start writing about me again?? haha!

Patrick Sutherland said...

I'm sorry and you would be...?

Kin said...

Oh Snap!

Janet Perry said...

Oh, you are soooo funny Patrick! I know my picture is up on your wall!!