Sunday, November 22, 2009

Quoting is fun

So I had my interview with Andy Crouch a few weeks back and I thoroughly enjoyed reading his book and talking about it.

(I did not enjoy transcription from audio to magazine)

He had some great things to offer the discussion we were having in the Canon25 and for today's blog post let me quote one for you:

"I believe that God is in the business of changing the world but I think that’s God’s business. My business is not to change the world but to create culture. It’s a different thing, because culture is always created locally. When you talk about the world it is so grand and inevitably abstract. Whereas my calling is to figure out what I can do today in my home town, with the networks of people I am connected to and that’s only a couple hundred people that I could actually collaborate to do something with. That’s where I am responsible to do something."

-Andy Crouch

Read his book Culture Making. Its well worth the read.

Patman the well... read.

No comments: