Tuesday, December 12, 2006

This is the end... the end my friend.

Today is Tuesday. Next tuesday I leave residence for the last time. It is bittersweet to love the place I have held dear and called home for the last 3 and a half years. So I have one week left in this home and that is good and bad. Here's why...

Pros of leaving Campus:

1- 'growing up'- reaching a new stage of life by just taking on more responcibility.
2- change is good- going beyond the stagnent into something fearful makes you better
3- Friends- Dan, Brad, Paul, Penney and Clements live within 100 feet or in the house.
4- Price- theorhetically cheaper
5- Fun- Things will be fun

Cons of leaving Campus:

1- walking- living off campus requires me to move farther than ten feet from day to day.
2- Friends- Feeney, Andrew, Dave, Steve, Will and a whole whack more of my friends live on campus.
3- Food- I have to make my own food... but that can be good.
4- Community- I will be leaving a community I love dearly and that is not easy

Ultimatly this was a tough choice. the balance of right and wrong, good and bad, friends vs friends... its all very complicated but I think I made the right choice. Oh and I may have prayed about it... who knows?

P the P

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what what? dan makes the top of the friend list? honoured, as usual.

we have been reading 'the art of war'; it's import to the 'craft shall nigh become obvious as you LOSE TO US ALL THE TIME LIVING SO NEAR THE APARTMENT!

(can hardly wait!)

Anonymous said...

another con is that no matter what you are still far away from your very best friend who taught you how to play Settlers....Mark Smith...

Okay maybe I didn't teach you how to play but I sure schooled you everytime!

Anonymous said...

I already wrote this twice! I quit!

Anonymous said...

oh, so now it works....

Anonymous said...

Ok... time for a new blog Pat! Stop disappointing me!! haha

Anonymous said...

Don't go, Pat.