Friday, October 23, 2009

Moving on...

It seems to me the natural order of things is to participate in University life at Tyndale and graduate.

After graduation you have approximately four choices:

1 Leave forever
2 Go to Seminary
3 Audit for life
4 Work at Tyndale til you die

That being said I have only personally achieved #2 but I have also created a new option: go back to the university and help run the Canon25.

That's right the magazine we all thought had a heart attack and was gone is back and ready for action.

Student publications at Tyndale has always had an awkward run. The New Apocrypha, and Canon25 have been two recent examples of what student writing can achieve but there was always this problem: how to generate content?

Strategies included:
Loud posters, consistent nagging, write something funny in hopes to get people excited, give up and publish cartoons only.

But I have found a new and exciting way to generate content. Apparently to get people to write you have to come up with the concept and then ask them to write the concept for you.

So I think it would be interesting to hear about the idea of sanctification as a means to time travel... I know that Bret Phlipt is interested in the subject. So I ask him to write up something for me on that subject.

And here is the kicker... Bret often says yes.

Content generated.

Patman the editor

No comments: