Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Back of the Line Club

Once and a while I think I have a good idea. For it to be a good idea it doesn't have to be useful, worth something or even beneficial. It does however have to waste time and be entertaining to me and perhaps you.

My most recent good idea is the Back of the Line Club.

At camp we have a long line during our meals and last year we found that as senior staff we are stuck at the back for about 20 minutes on a good day. So we joked about having a back of the line club. At the time we jokingly called to order, checked old business (of which there was none), checked new business (of which there was none) and then adjourned. It was funny and didn't mean too much.

However this year Jim and I have decided to up the ante. We now have officially formed the Back of the Line club. We have meetings at every dinner meal and record those meetings in our handbook. The meetings are generally a discussion of policy and procedure within the group. Further we have expanded ourselves building new membership and establishing an alumni.

It has been one of the best ways to pass idle time I have ever encountered. Tonight we welcome (hopefully) three new members and applications are coming in daily.

Patman the President of the Back of the Line Club
"We Got Your Back"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are really cool. we should be friends.

Kin said...

Another great organization founded by P. Sutherland.

Mark D. Smith said...

hahaha you are hilarious Pat! I miss you man.